Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Connecting Talend on Amazon Athena

Hi, I'm using AWS Athena services but I can't connect on Talend. I't seems I need a s3_staging_dir property to be set on Talend. But, how can I do this?

The connection tutorial on amazon is this following link: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/athena/latest/ug/connect-with-jdbc.html

The error screen is attached.

Thanks a lot,

Andre Sevilha

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Found a solution that worked for me:

As part of the JDBC URL, we need to add the s3_staging_Dir as shown in blue below (not the "?" needs to be prefixed before the s3_staging_dir):

"jdbc:awsathena://athena.us-east-1.amazonaws.com:443?s3_staging_dir=s3://aws-athena-query-results-xxxxxx-us-east-1/"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Andre, Were you able to find a solution for this ? I am getting the same error and I see there is no advanced properties or connection properties to enter the s3_staging_dir and the corresponding s3 bucket name.

[FATAL]: sr_reservation_client_pull_0_1.SR_Reservation_Client_Pull - tJDBCInput_1 property s3_staging_dir must be set
Exception in component tJDBCInput_1
java.sql.SQLException: property s3_staging_dir must be set

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Found a solution that worked for me:

As part of the JDBC URL, we need to add the s3_staging_Dir as shown in blue below (not the "?" needs to be prefixed before the s3_staging_dir):

"jdbc:awsathena://athena.us-east-1.amazonaws.com:443?s3_staging_dir=s3://aws-athena-query-results-xxxxxx-us-east-1/"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a Lot!!! It worked!!!

0683p000009MACJ.png

Prakhar1
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Could you please show me how you connect to Athena and its process ?