Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Connecting two tMaps

I am trying to connect two tMaps, but for some reason it will not let me.  I grabbing the 'o' by the first tMap and dragging it the 2nd tMap.  When I put it over the 2nd tMap, I get a black circle.  Even if I right click and click 'New Output', once I drag it to the 2nd tMap, I get the black circle.  Is there something preventing me from this?  I have seen two tMaps mapped to each other before. 

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@steeld95 

can you please  click tMap and see at yellow highlighted, it will be in red symbol, or i knew there will something difference at that highlighted place

0683p000009M3Bu.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@ksingh  thanks for the reply.  When I open the first map, it is yellow and list the row with the schema fields.  Same with the 2nd tMap, yellow.  Not sure what I did.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@steeld95 

First and foremost, please check you are having write privilege to the project and whether the job is in locked state.

Once these two options are ruled out, please close and open the Studio again and try to connect freshly. You can definitely connect the output of one tMap to other once you add some columns to it.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@nthampi thanks for the help.  I got it to work by disconnecting all of the other components and then tried again and it worked. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@steeld95 

Perfect. Could you please mark the topic as resolved in that case?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂