Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shrikavi2008
Contributor
Contributor

Custom Error Handling

Hi,

I'm working on Error Logging.

I want to insert a record in Audit log table and another records in Error Log table in case of  job failure or any validation issue, 

The reason to insert a records in Audit_Log is Log_Id(PK) in Audit_Log is FK in Error Log Table.

Audit_Log                          Error_Log

=======                           ========

Log_Id                               Error_Code

Job_Status                        Error_desc

Start_Time                         Log_Id 

End_Time

For this requirement, my joblet design will be as below

tLogCatcher =====> tmap =====> Audit_Log(Not AMC table, it custom table)

| onsubjobok

|

tjava(dummy)

| oncomponentOk

|

tLogCatcher =====> tmap =====> Error_Log(Not AMC table, it custom table)

Not able to connect above 2 tLogCatcher component with onsubjobok hence used tjava(dummy)

Could you please let me know anyone has better approach than this

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Subjobs starting with the tLogCatcher do not need to be attached to any other subjobs. They are not really part of the normal job flow. Just don't connect them.

shrikavi2008
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@rhall Thank your reply.

The reason to connect the 2 subjob is first insert a record in to Audit_log table(Log_Id is a PK), then insert into another record in Error_log table with Log_Id(get the Log_Id from Audit_Log)

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK. If an order is important, you could simply link your tLogCatcher to a tHashOutput component. Then at the end of your job use a tHashInput (connected to a tPostJob component) to retrieve your logs from memory and add them to both tables in the order in which you wish.