Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chafer
Contributor
Contributor

Data Services platform license on a Data Management platform system

Using the same Platform version number, I'm looking to see if anyone has used a Data Services Platform license on a Data Management Platform server (TAC) to update their TAC system for monitoring ESB modules?  Wondering if it worked without issues. 

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The two licenses TP_DS and TP_DM should be in coexistence as long as you have appropriate user roles/rights in Talend Administration Center.

TAC system is same and the modules shown in the Menu of Talend Administration Center depend on your license.

Are you facing error when use a Data Services Platform license on a Data Management Platform server (TAC) to update your TAC system for monitoring ESB modules?

Best regards

Sabrina

chafer
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sabrina, the user licenses are the same. We are updating to ESB with the Data Services Platform from Data Management platform. When I go to add the DS license, TAC states "This license has different Mode/Product, it will deactivate all your previous active licenses, are you sure?"  which is fine as I have the DM license as well.  I am not sure if this would affect the current scheduled jobs, if this just opens the ESB monitoring side, and whether others took this approach or if they installed a new Data Services system. I am looking to see if anyone had added a DS platform license to their DM platform systems and how that went.      

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

For your job requirement, could you please create a case on talend support portal for your requirement? In this way, we can give a remote assistance to you through webex session.

Best regards

Sabrina

chafer
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I just need to know if this has been attempted by someone else before I do it. If not, I am going to test it on a separate system to see if it changes anything between one versus the other.