Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date alteration during tMap

Hi All, 
I am migrating data for a client from .csv to Salesforce. The issue that I am having is that for a large number of rows, all the dates are decreasing by one month.
The date values are being converted from a string to a date (automatically, not using an expression). I have pulled the data from the tmap into a csv and I believe it is happening during that part of the transformation process. If it were the day value that was changing, I would potentially attribute the issue to salesforce locale or timezone issues. The fact that is the month that is decreasing by a value of one is strange.
An example would be:
Source Data

20160212 20160215 

Output

12/01/2016 15/01/2016

Could this just be an issue in the source data? Hopefully someone can help!

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Labels (2)
4 Replies
TRF
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,
Strange result...
I use to deal with Salesforce and Talend and never see something like that. 
However, what are your locale and timezone on Salesforce side?

Regards,
TRF
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Yeah it's very peculiar. It is also not happening for all rows. The field is also of type date, not datetime.
All Users Locale is United Kingdom, but the timezone varies as it's a global org. I am on GMT +2.
TRF
Creator III
Creator III

I think the problem come from your date representation. 
Do you specify a TZ at upsert or are the dates aligned on GMT?
Check the values received by Salesforce (Quick Find box, then select Bulk Data Load Jobs).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi TRF, 
I had a look at the request and it is being passed an incorrect date. Talend is set at yyyy-mm-dd. The source value is a just a string, e.g. 20160216. I altered the job to output the tmap into a csv, where the value would be 16-01-2016.