Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laughsmile
Contributor II
Contributor II

Dynamic Join Key when using tMap

Hello everyone.

I am Configuring a tMap component to join two files, but the join keys are NOT fixed, the keys are dynamic and are read from the configuration file.

Therefore, I cannot set the key for the join in tMap, how can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Ryu

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
laughsmile
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello 

The configuration file is not connected to tMap, I read join keys from configuration file and use tContextLoad to load join keys into Context parameters.

I think "reload at each row" option does not work, because the join keys in the main table which are read from configuration file are also dynamic .

Now , I solve the problem by using tJavaRow to add a new column whose value is the concatenation of join keys' value.

Ryu

View solution in original post

4 Replies
HirisH_V7
Master
Master

laughsmile
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello @HirisH_V7 

Thanks for your comment.

Like the link which you commented , the join keys are dynamic and saved in the config file, so I can NOT drop the join keys from main input table to lookup table because I do not know the join keys(idState column) Unless I read the join keys from the config file.

laughsmile_0-1719235226370.png

Thanks

jeoste
Creator
Creator

hello
have you tried to check the box "reload at each row" on the lookup table? The configuration file is connected to your tMap?

laughsmile
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello 

The configuration file is not connected to tMap, I read join keys from configuration file and use tContextLoad to load join keys into Context parameters.

I think "reload at each row" option does not work, because the join keys in the main table which are read from configuration file are also dynamic .

Now , I solve the problem by using tJavaRow to add a new column whose value is the concatenation of join keys' value.

Ryu