Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Parikhharshal
Creator III
Creator III

Dynamically create S3 folder

Hi experts

I have scenario where based on local file properties I want to create S3 folder dynamically. Once I get date/time from fileproperties from files (received on local) I want to create Q1,2,3,4 folder for each year in S3 bucket.

Is it possible to create such a dynamically folder in S3 in Talend?

Thanks

Harshal.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Harshal

Do you want to create the s3 folder dynamically and put the file to corresponding folder or only create the empty folder?

Regards
Shong
Parikhharshal
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@shong  I want to put the corresponding files into those Quarter folders too based on date/time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use tS3Put to put the files to S3 folder, set the dynamic key path based on the date/time you get and parse it from the file properties, the component wil create the folder if it does not exist.
eg:
"folder_path/"+context.quarter+"/"+context.filename
Read the component documentation and learn tS3Put component, let me know if you have any questions.

Regards
Shong
Parikhharshal
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@shong  Thanks for your reply.

I get that but how do I dynamically calculate quarter based on date and store in context?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
Use tFileProperties to get the file properties including m_time, convert the string date to a Date, and then hard code to get the quarter of the given date, see
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/302658/how-do-i-discover-the-quarter-of-a-given-date

Regards
Shong