Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jotomren1
Contributor
Contributor

Encoding fails when running the job in the Cloud

Hi all,

we are reading data from a MS-SQL database, processing it and store the resulting data in Vertica database

Running the job in Studio on my laptop works OK, but when we run the job in the Cloud the strings containing Scandinavian (ø, æ å etc) characters fails 

I have added characterEncoding=utf8&characterSetResult=utf8&useUnicode=true as additional parameters on the db connectors, but this does not help

Thank you

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We have redirected your issue to our cloud experts and PMs and then come back to you as soon as we can.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

If I'm following correctly you're executing the same job from your Studio local instance (not executing on a Remote Engine?), and there it works fine, no issue with character encoding ?

And then you publish the job to cloud and run the same job (on a Remote Engine or Cloud Engine?) and in this case there is character corruption?

Please state explicitly where it runs locally and in the cloud.

Also what do you mean by 'the strings containing Scandinavian character fails ?

Isn't it possible to avoid using strings having Scandinavian characters if there are in password/connection URL ?

Regards,

Nicolas

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Any update on this issue ?

I have a similar problem.

The goal of my job is to request an API, and insert the values in a Microsoft SQL Server table.
When I run my job from Talend studio, I have the "Women's Development Programme" value inserted correctly.
The apostrophe appears well, no problem.

So I publish my job on the cloud, I run it from the TMC, and there I get "Women’s Development Programme". So it seems that the special characters are badly encoded.

I guess there's something to configure in the TMC maybe.

I ran my job from Talend studio again, and this time the encoding is correct and I get "Women's Development Programme".

Thank you for your help

Regards

Vincent