Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dazbellboy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Encryption Type of Talend

Hi everyone,
Actually I have a project where the connection to a DataBase (to a tOracle_Row or tOracle_Input etc...) is made with the data located in the context project.
When I compile the project and I see the content of the Default.properties, the password is encrypted:
qwerty = cb76ff0afaedbff1
Does someone know which type of encryption (Algorithm) is used by Talend? AES-256? Uses Salt? Uses java's java.crypto.Cipher?
(Yeah, I'll need generate the encrypted password based on a clear String).
Thanks for your help.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is using the weak symmetric cipher DES to obfuscate credentials. You should not consider it a secure store.
Dazbellboy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

tsteinborn wrote:
It is using the weak symmetric cipher DES to obfuscate credentials. You should not consider it a secure store.

Thanks for your help tsteinborn.
I understand DES uses a "key", a "String" (That "String" is the encrypted text) and a mode (CBC, ECB, CFB, etc...).
Do you know the parameter?

Look, the problem I have is that I need to save this encrytpted password in the Default.properties... But if I don't know how does Talend to decrypt of the password then it will take an erroneous value so what I did is left the password in clear (String, not password) but it's a security problem.

Thanks