Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devanpeebles
Contributor III
Contributor III

Error Previewing File when importing delimited file metadata

When attempting to preview data while importing the meta data for a delimited file I get the following error.

My studio is version 7.2.1

JRE is 1.8.0_171

null
Preview error. Some settings must be changed.
Note: Preview errors are generally due to a wrong encoding setting.
org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.JavaProcessor.isGuessSchemaJob(JavaProcessor.java:277)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.JavaProcessor.getCommandLine(JavaProcessor.java:1185)
org.talend.designer.core.runprocess.Processor.getCommandLine(Processor.java:289)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.AbstractJavaProcessor.execFrom(AbstractJavaProcessor.java:248)
org.talend.designer.core.runprocess.Processor.exec(Processor.java:350)
org.talend.designer.core.runprocess.Processor.run(Processor.java:201)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.AbstractJavaProcessor.run(AbstractJavaProcessor.java:242)
org.talend.designer.core.runprocess.Processor.run(Processor.java:139)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowProcess.runWithErrorOutputAsException(ShadowProcess.java:373)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowFilePreview.preview(ShadowFilePreview.java:86)
org.talend.metadata.managment.ui.utils.ShadowProcessHelper.getCsvArray(ShadowProcessHelper.java:383)
org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.files.delimited.DelimitedFileStep2Form$PreviewProcessor.nonUIProcessInThread(DelimitedFileStep2Form.java:1300)
org.talend.commons.ui.swt.thread.SWTUIThreadProcessor$1.run(SWTUIThreadProcessor.java:74)

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tested other files? Always has the error or the problem only occurs for this file? I have seen the same issue reported before, it is caused by the studio installation. Can you show the installation path of studio?

Regards
Shong

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tested other files? Always has the error or the problem only occurs for this file? I have seen the same issue reported before, it is caused by the studio installation. Can you show the installation path of studio?

Regards
Shong

devanpeebles
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have studio installed in C:\Talend\TalendStudio\

And yes it seems to do it with any file I try to preview.

devanpeebles
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ah... yep looks like my studio install got corrupted at some point.

Would be nice if there was a way to fix that without reinstalling.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the installing got corrupted, It is recommended to reinstall studio to make sure the studio works smoothly.