Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devanpeebles
Contributor III
Contributor III

Error Previewing File when importing delimited file metadata

When attempting to preview data while importing the meta data for a delimited file I get the following error.

My studio is version 7.2.1

JRE is 1.8.0_171

null
Preview error. Some settings must be changed.
Note: Preview errors are generally due to a wrong encoding setting.
org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.JavaProcessor.isGuessSchemaJob(JavaProcessor.java:277)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.JavaProcessor.getCommandLine(JavaProcessor.java:1185)
org.talend.designer.core.runprocess.Processor.getCommandLine(Processor.java:289)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.AbstractJavaProcessor.execFrom(AbstractJavaProcessor.java:248)
org.talend.designer.core.runprocess.Processor.exec(Processor.java:350)
org.talend.designer.core.runprocess.Processor.run(Processor.java:201)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.AbstractJavaProcessor.run(AbstractJavaProcessor.java:242)
org.talend.designer.core.runprocess.Processor.run(Processor.java:139)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowProcess.runWithErrorOutputAsException(ShadowProcess.java:373)
org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowFilePreview.preview(ShadowFilePreview.java:86)
org.talend.metadata.managment.ui.utils.ShadowProcessHelper.getCsvArray(ShadowProcessHelper.java:383)
org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.files.delimited.DelimitedFileStep2Form$PreviewProcessor.nonUIProcessInThread(DelimitedFileStep2Form.java:1300)
org.talend.commons.ui.swt.thread.SWTUIThreadProcessor$1.run(SWTUIThreadProcessor.java:74)

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tested other files? Always has the error or the problem only occurs for this file? I have seen the same issue reported before, it is caused by the studio installation. Can you show the installation path of studio?

Regards
Shong

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tested other files? Always has the error or the problem only occurs for this file? I have seen the same issue reported before, it is caused by the studio installation. Can you show the installation path of studio?

Regards
Shong

devanpeebles
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have studio installed in C:\Talend\TalendStudio\

And yes it seems to do it with any file I try to preview.

devanpeebles
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ah... yep looks like my studio install got corrupted at some point.

Would be nice if there was a way to fix that without reinstalling.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the installing got corrupted, It is recommended to reinstall studio to make sure the studio works smoothly.