Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SReddy1609746299
Contributor
Contributor

Error While Extracting the Zip File in TOS 6.3 and 7.3 using tFileUnarchive component

I have a zip file inside another zip file and when I extract the outer zip its extracting and when I am trying to extract the inner zip it is throwing me an error: Error: Windows cannot open the folder The compressed zip folder abc.zip is empty. But it is working when I am extracting the inner zip file using 7zip in windows machine.

The same thing I'm trying it in TOD for bigdata in 6.3 and 7.3 the outer zip file is fine but while Im extracting the inner zip file I'm getting below error. Can somebody please suggest on this?

TOS(6.3) Error:

Starting job Sample at 07:46 16/02/2021.

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3356

[statistics] connected

Processing archive C:/Users/abc.zip, please wait...

Exception in component tFileUnarchive_2

java.util.zip.ZipException: archive is not a ZIP archive

at org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip.ZipFile.positionAtEndOfCentralDirectoryRecord(ZipFile.java:847)

at org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip.ZipFile.positionAtCentralDirectory(ZipFile.java:777)

at org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip.ZipFile.populateFromCentralDirectory(ZipFile.java:522)

at org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:216)

at org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:192)

at org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:164)

at com.talend.compress.zip.Unzip.doUnzipWithoutDecryption(Unzip.java:191)

at com.talend.compress.zip.Unzip.doUnzip(Unzip.java:76)

at gannett.sample_0_1.Sample.tFileUnarchive_2Process(Sample.java:1230)

at gannett.sample_0_1.Sample.runJobInTOS(Sample.java:2165)

at gannett.sample_0_1.Sample.main(Sample.java:1350)

[statistics] disconnected

Job Sample ended at 07:46 16/02/2021. [exit code=1]

TOS 7.3 Error:

Starting job Sample at 08:00 16/02/2021.

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3527

[statistics] connected

Processing archive C:/Users/abc.zip, please wait...

archive is not a ZIP archive

[statistics] disconnected

Job Sample ended at 08:00 16/02/2021. [exit code=0]

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the file path you set for the inner zip file? I think you need two steps, one for the outer zip, and another step for inner zip.

tnewbie
Creator II
Creator II

Correct, I agree with Shong. I had exactly similar situation and I was able to do it in a 2 step approach.

SReddy1609746299
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Team for the response!!

Sorry for my very late response and the issue was something else...I conveyed it wrongly, It was a 7zip file and I was not able to zip it directly in Talend. I got the solution by using below command in the tsystem component

"cmd /c 7z e "+context.local_filepath_abc+"ABC/ABCD/FILE_NAME_"+context.created_date+".zip -o"+context.local_filepath_abc+"ABC/ABCD/ABCD_Weekly_Files"..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sravan Reddy​ , yes, tFileUnarchive component does not support 7 zip file. Thanks for sharing the solution!

Regards

Shong