Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hgromek
Contributor
Contributor

Error java.lang.OutOfMemoryError - Excel Appending to Existing File

HI - I have looked on most of the Error java.lang.OutOfMemoryErrors topics in here are have not found a solution for my specific issue.

This issue only arises when I want to APPEND EXISTING FILE (replacing current data sheet with new data). If I run this and create the file - it works no problem. 

All I want to do is take 500K rows and replace the current data sheet with new data. 

I have increased the memory in the .ini file and it did not help. I have increased the VM in the run status as well.

Does anyone have any other advice to get this working?  

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Siva_Kumar
Contributor
Contributor

https://exchange.talend.com/#marketplaceproductrelease:marketplace=marketplace%252F1&p=marketplace%252F1%252Fproducts%252F542&pi=marketplace%252F1%252Fproducts%252F542%252Fitems%252F3037

Use this link to download the latest version of tFileExcel-Components 13.5 by Jan Lolling and add it to Studio and use tFileExcelWorkbookOpen --> tFileExcelSheetOutput --> tFileExcelWorkbookSave. check the memory saving mode for large files.

It worked for me with 13.5 version.