Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hgromek
Contributor
Contributor

Error java.lang.OutOfMemoryError - Excel Appending to Existing File

HI - I have looked on most of the Error java.lang.OutOfMemoryErrors topics in here are have not found a solution for my specific issue.

This issue only arises when I want to APPEND EXISTING FILE (replacing current data sheet with new data). If I run this and create the file - it works no problem. 

All I want to do is take 500K rows and replace the current data sheet with new data. 

I have increased the memory in the .ini file and it did not help. I have increased the VM in the run status as well.

Does anyone have any other advice to get this working?  

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Siva_Kumar
Contributor
Contributor

https://exchange.talend.com/#marketplaceproductrelease:marketplace=marketplace%252F1&p=marketplace%252F1%252Fproducts%252F542&pi=marketplace%252F1%252Fproducts%252F542%252Fitems%252F3037

Use this link to download the latest version of tFileExcel-Components 13.5 by Jan Lolling and add it to Studio and use tFileExcelWorkbookOpen --> tFileExcelSheetOutput --> tFileExcelWorkbookSave. check the memory saving mode for large files.

It worked for me with 13.5 version.