Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Execute Child Job from Parent Job (Job order issue)

Hi,

I have two jobs that 1) copy tables to output database and 2) inject PK constraint to output database.

I want to run the whole parent job (copy DB) and then run child job (inject PK constraint to DB)

With the current job design, the child jobs (PK constraint injection) runs immediately after the first table is created in the parent job.

Without all the corresponding tables created in advance, the job freezes.

PS. Initially I wanted to triggered tRunJob component with OnSubJobOk, but there's only OnComponentOk.

PS2. When executed separately, both job works fine. Also it works fine when I first tested it with a DB with two tables.

Is there a way to fixed this? Jobs file attached

Parent Job

0683p000009M9rQ.png

Child Job

0683p000009M9Rf.png

Error Log

Starting job Migration_DB_Parent_Job at 19:05 24/03/2020.
[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3864
[statistics] connected
Table Name = DOM_AIR_MIN_PRICELIST
dbo.DOM_AIR_MIN_PRICELIST|Table|Primary key|PK_DOM_AIR_MIN_PRICELIST|start_point_cd, end_point_cd, airline_cd, tour_kind, yyyymm
dbo.DOM_AIR_MONTHLY_SEARCH_ONEWAY_TICKETS|Table|Primary key|PK_DOM_AIR_MONTHLY_SEARCH_ONEWAY_TICKETS|yyyymm, mem_id, tour_id
dbo.DOM_AIR_SEARCH_ONEWAY_TICKETS|Table|Primary key|PK_DOM_AIR_SEARCH_ONEWAY_TICKETS|mem_id, tour_id
dbo.DOM_AIR_SEARCH_ROUNDTRIP_TICKETS|Table|Primary key|PK_DOM_AIR_SEARCH_ROUNDTRIP_TICKETS|mem_id, tour_id
dbo.DOM_AIRLINE|Table|Primary key|PK_DOM_AIRLINE|airline_cd
dbo.premium_bid_for_dair|Table|Primary key|PK_premium_bid_for_dair|id
dbo.premium_entry_mem|Table|Primary key|PK_premium_entry_mem|mem_id, product_type
dbo.tbl_site_mem|Table|Primary key|PK_tbl_site_mem|site_id, mem_id
dbo.tbl_site_mem_agent|Table|Primary key|PK_tbl_site_mem_agent|site_id, mem_id
dbo.DOM_AIR_MONTHLY_SEARCH_ONEWAY_TICKETS|ALTER TABLE dbo.DOM_AIR_MONTHLY_SEARCH_ONEWAY_TICKETS ADD CONSTRAINT PK_DOM_AIR_MONTHLY_SEARCH_ONEWAY_TICKETS PRIMARY KEY (yyyymm, mem_id, tour_id);
Table Name = dbo.DOM_AIR_MONTHLY_SEARCH_ONEWAY_TICKETS 
 AND the Query is = ALTER TABLE dbo.DOM_AIR_MONTHLY_SEARCH_ONEWAY_TICKETS ADD CONSTRAINT PK_DOM_AIR_MONTHLY_SEARCH_ONEWAY_TICKETS PRIMARY KEY (yyyymm, mem_id, tour_id);

Job Migration_DB_Parent_Job ended at 19:06 24/03/2020. [Exit code  = 1]
Table 'dbo.dom_air_monthly_search_oneway_tickets' doesn't existTable 'dbo.tbl_site_mem' doesn't existTable 'dbo.dom_tour_for_da_roundtrip_search' doesn't existTable 'dbo.dom_air_monthly_search_roundtrip_tickets' doesn't existTable 'dbo.dom_air_search_oneway_tickets' doesn't existTable 'dbo.premium_bid_for_dair' doesn't existTable 'dbo.tbl_site_mem_agent' doesn't existTable 'dbo.dom_air_pl_monthly' doesn't existTable 'dbo.dom_airline0' doesn't exist
[ERROR]: local_test.primary_key_0_1.Primary_Key - tDBRow_1 - Table 'dbo.dom_air_monthly_search_oneway_tickets' doesn't exist
dbo.tbl_site_mem|ALTER TABLE dbo.tbl_site_mem ADD CONSTRAINT PK_tbl_site_mem PRIMARY KEY (site_id, mem_id);
Table Name = dbo.tbl_site_mem 
 AND the Query is = ALTER TABLE dbo.tbl_site_mem ADD CONSTRAINT PK_tbl_site_mem PRIMARY KEY (site_id, mem_id);

[ERROR]: local_test.primary_key_0_1.Primary_Key - tDBRow_1 - Table 'dbo.tbl_site_mem' doesn't exist
dbo.DOM_TOUR_FOR_DA_ROUNDTRIP_SEARCH|ALTER TABLE dbo.DOM_TOUR_FOR_DA_ROUNDTRIP_SEARCH ADD CONSTRAINT PK_DOM_TOUR_FOR_DA_ROUNDTRIP_SEARCH PRIMARY KEY (mem_id, tour_id, money_start_date, money_end_date);
Table Name = dbo.DOM_TOUR_FOR_DA_ROUNDTRIP_SEARCH 
 AND the Query is = ALTER TABLE dbo.DOM_TOUR_FOR_DA_ROUNDTRIP_SEARCH ADD CONSTRAINT PK_DOM_TOUR_FOR_DA_ROUNDTRIP_SEARCH PRIMARY KEY (mem_id, tour_id, money_start_date, money_end_date);

[ERROR]: local_test.primary_key_0_1.Primary_Key - tDBRow_1 - Table 'dbo.dom_tour_for_da_roundtrip_search' doesn't exist
dbo.DOM_AIR_MONTHLY_SEARCH_ROUNDTRIP_TICKETS|ALTER TABLE dbo.DOM_AIR_MONTHLY_SEARCH_ROUNDTRIP_TICKETS ADD CONSTRAINT PK_WORK_DOM_AIR_MONTHLY_SEARCH_ROUNDTRIP_TICKETS PRIMARY KEY (yyyymm, mem_id, tour_id);
Table Name = dbo.DOM_AIR_MONTHLY_SEARCH_ROUNDTRIP_TICKETS 
 AND the Query is = ALTER TABLE dbo.DOM_AIR_MONTHLY_SEARCH_ROUNDTRIP_TICKETS ADD CONSTRAINT PK_WORK_DOM_AIR_MONTHLY_SEARCH_ROUNDTRIP_TICKETS PRIMARY KEY (yyyymm, mem_id, tour_id);

However when I change target db to the one with two tables, it worked,, though there are error message.

Here's the log

[statistics] connected
Table Name = tbl_inq
traveltour.tbl_inq|Table|Primary key|PK_tbl_inq|mem_id, inq_id
traveltour.tbl_mem|Table|Primary key|PK_tbl_mem|mem_id
traveltour.tbl_mem|ALTER TABLE traveltour.tbl_mem ADD CONSTRAINT PK_tbl_mem PRIMARY KEY (mem_id);
Table Name = traveltour.tbl_mem 
 AND the Query is = ALTER TABLE traveltour.tbl_mem ADD CONSTRAINT PK_tbl_mem PRIMARY KEY (mem_id);

Table 'traveltour.tbl_mem' doesn't existMultiple primary key defined
[ERROR]: local_test.primary_key_0_1.Primary_Key - tDBRow_1 - Table 'traveltour.tbl_mem' doesn't exist
traveltour.tbl_inq|ALTER TABLE traveltour.tbl_inq ADD CONSTRAINT PK_tbl_inq PRIMARY KEY (mem_id, inq_id);
Table Name = traveltour.tbl_inq 
 AND the Query is = ALTER TABLE traveltour.tbl_inq ADD CONSTRAINT PK_tbl_inq PRIMARY KEY (mem_id, inq_id);

Table Name = tbl_mem
traveltour.tbl_inq|Table|Primary key|PK_tbl_inq|mem_id, inq_id
traveltour.tbl_mem|Table|Primary key|PK_tbl_mem|mem_id
traveltour.tbl_mem|ALTER TABLE traveltour.tbl_mem ADD CONSTRAINT PK_tbl_mem PRIMARY KEY (mem_id);
Table Name = traveltour.tbl_mem 
 AND the Query is = ALTER TABLE traveltour.tbl_mem ADD CONSTRAINT PK_tbl_mem PRIMARY KEY (mem_id);

traveltour.tbl_inq|ALTER TABLE traveltour.tbl_inq ADD CONSTRAINT PK_tbl_inq PRIMARY KEY (mem_id, inq_id);
Table Name = traveltour.tbl_inq 
 AND the Query is = ALTER TABLE traveltour.tbl_inq ADD CONSTRAINT PK_tbl_inq PRIMARY KEY (mem_id, inq_id);

[ERROR]: local_test.primary_key_0_1.Primary_Key - tDBRow_1 - Multiple primary key defined
[statistics] disconnected

Labels (4)
18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@manodwhb
Yes, that's why I need parent job to finish its operation before starting the child job.
manodwhb
Creator III
Creator III

How are you passing the table name to child job which is created and loaded in parent job.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@manodwhb 

I don't need table names in child job so I didn't pass the table name to child job as you can see in the child job's tDBInput component below, 

**In the child job, tDBConnection_1 is the target db(MSSQL) for loading PK constraint and tDBConnection_2(MySQL) is the output database for injecting PK constraint.

Child Job

0683p000009M9Rf.png

The parent job copy tables from target database (MSSQL) to the output database(MySQL).

Then the child job read the target database(MSSQL)'s constraint and inject it into the output database(MySQL).

So basically I need the parent job to finish copying the tables(MSSQL->MySQL) before starting the child job.

(As the child job couldn't operate with a blank database).

That's how it work when operating the parent and child job separately,, would appreciate if you could guide me how I can make it work when starting the operation from parent job.

manodwhb
Creator III
Creator III

As per my understanding,you need to pass the table to child job ,which is created as part of parent job. Then you take constrains based on that and it will create constrains.that's how you should create your flow.otherwise if your doing you will see table or view does not exits. Understand this that as part of parent job you created table a and loaded data.but in child job you are creating constrains for table b then it will throw the same kind of error. So your job design should be create table a and create constrains for the same table you will not get this error.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@manodwhb 

Here I tried to pass the tables from parent job to child job, then run parent job,

but still the result is the same

Parent job's result

0683p000009M9W4.png

Parent's job context param

0683p000009M9V7.png

Child's job context

0683p000009M9Xk.png

Calling using the context in tDBRow Component (since DBInput doesn't need the parent's job output)

0683p000009M9SH.png

If this is not the right way, please let me know...

manodwhb
Creator III
Creator III

You need to use the context variable of Table name in tdbinput component and for the same table you need to create constrains.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@manodwhb

Here I use context variable on Table name in tDBInput component and also in the output tDBRow component.

But still the result is the same. . . 

Are there any ways to fixed this?

Run Log

Spoiler (Highlight to read)
</ <

To see the whole post, download it here
OriginalPost.pdf
manodwhb
Creator III
Creator III

somehow you are missing something in child job.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@manodwhb 

I tried trigger tSubJobOk from tRunJob to tDBInput and it partially work.

But somehow, the last table's didn't have PK constraint injected. (in the output database, there's a table and its data, but no PK constraint)

When I check the log, it seems like the tables are created and its PK are loaded, but PK constraint are not inserted into the table.

Run Log

dbo.tbl_site_mem|ALTER TABLE dbo.tbl_site_mem ADD CONSTRAINT PK_tbl_site_mem PRIMARY KEY (site_id, mem_id);
Table Name = dbo.tbl_site_mem 
 AND the Query is = ALTER TABLE dbo.tbl_site_mem ADD CONSTRAINT PK_tbl_site_mem PRIMARY KEY (site_id, mem_id);

In the other job, I have experience a similar problem where the last table's data is not inserted to the output database.

At that time, I changed tDBOutput repository from using existing tDBConnection to manual setting and it worked.

So I tried to do the same for tDBRow's, but it didn't work, still the last table didn't have its PK constraint inserted.

And also below I also tried connecting tDBConnection with tDBCommit using OnComponentOK, but still no difference.

do you have any ideas?

0683p000009M9TZ.png