Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ravi_Rajagopal
Contributor III
Contributor III

Failure to execute a job in Talend Studio with the "Target Exec" pointing to remote engine.

I am having my job running very well when Target Exec is set to localhost however when it is set to DataIntegration_RE_3(Environment:Development) it fails with the below given. I have gone through the documentation and made sure that the file org.talend.remote.jobserver.server.cfg has got the specific variables mentioned in the documentation (https://help.talend.com/en-US/remote-engine-user-guide-linux/Cloud/configuring-connection-between-ta...) set correctly. Execution failed : org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: java.net.ConnectException: Server unreachable 10.52.0.56:8013, message: Connection timed out: connect [java.net.ConnectException: Server unreachable 10.52.0.56:8013, message: Connection timed out: connect] The version.txt in the remote engine has the following 2.12.5_Tipaas/tmc-engine/release%2FR2022-10-02_252_Engines/tipaas-remote-engine-build/master

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ravi_Rajagopal
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The issue was with the firewall. the firewall of the server on which the remote engine was located in had to have the required port opened to get in. Once the port got opened in the firewall I was able to get my code executed on the remote engine. However when I was doing this testing I found that the files, if any required for your processing, will have to be on the server where the remote engine is running off of. I use context files which my job has to read from. I had to copy the context files to the remote engine server for me to get my code to work. Also none of the metrics will appear on the studio as all the metrics are on the remote engine. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
quentin-vigne
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Can you check on your TMC :

Processing > Click your engine > Configuration

and check that the Remote enigne is OK for debugging in the studio ? Also that the host provided is the right one ? 

Also, did you set up the TLS auth ? The guide is here : https://help.talend.com/en-US/installation-guide-windows/8.0/configure-tsl-ssl-in-talend-jobserver

Also last idea, in the cfg file change this line : 

org.talend.remote.jobserver.server.TalendJobServer.LOCAL_HOST=*

Ravi_Rajagopal
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The issue was with the firewall. the firewall of the server on which the remote engine was located in had to have the required port opened to get in. Once the port got opened in the firewall I was able to get my code executed on the remote engine. However when I was doing this testing I found that the files, if any required for your processing, will have to be on the server where the remote engine is running off of. I use context files which my job has to read from. I had to copy the context files to the remote engine server for me to get my code to work. Also none of the metrics will appear on the studio as all the metrics are on the remote engine.