Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

GPG decrypt

Hey guys
I am using tGPGDecrypt to decrypt certain files ecrypted with a PGP key. But it pops up a pinentry window to enter the passphrase for each file. So its of no use to enter the passphrase again and again for so many files.
Do you know that if I were to use a tSystem component then how can I write a command line function to pass the passphrase automatically? Or how can I escape entering passphrase again and again in tGPGDecrypt?
Thanks,
Nitin
Labels (2)
14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Nitin
It will pops up a pinentry window to enter the passphrase? What i see is to enter the passphrase in the 'passphrase' directly.
Can you upload a screenshot of your windows?
Best regards
shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shong
Please see the screenshots of my job and suggest something...
I am in urgent need to sort it out..
Thanks,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello
why don't you set the password in the passphrase field? Will it pop up this dialog even though you set the password in the passphrase field?

Best regards

shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes.. thats the problem... I am specifying the password in the passphrase field.. but still it pops up this pinentry window... I want to escape it so that i can automate the decryption of many files..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello
I think there should be a place where you can set if pop up a dialog in GPG configuation file. I remembered I use it before, but it did't pop up a dialog.
Best regards

shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shong
Can you tell me where did you set up that thing if I dont want the dialog to pop up? Is this a setting in Talend?
Thanks,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello
No, it is not set in talend. Maybe it is set in the GPG, I used to test GPG4win
Best regards

shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shong
I am facing proble and i have posted this before, please suggest how to handle pop up windows for passphrase
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
I am facing the same issue, please provide the solution if anyone know.