Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ray0801
Creator
Creator

Getting authentication error despite correct credentials in tSendmail component?

Hi All,

I have a mail job scheduled in jenkins has been running properly for about 3 years,

recently we are having this issue where it randomly throws a authentication error on one day, and works fine on some other days with exactly same creds

I also tried with some other mail-ids,we are getting the same

authentication error.

Exception in component tSendMail_2 (xxxx_)

javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException

at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:306)

at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:156)

at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:105)

at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:168)

at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:98)

at nprinting_to_talend.xxx_email_october_21_0_1.xxx_email_october_21.main(xxxx_email_october_21.java:3457)

Could this have something to do with the System where it is deployed or is it a talend issue.

Any Help will be appreciated.

We are using Talend Open Studio 7.0.1

Labels (2)
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

As your job has been running properly for about 3 years, the problem is probably caused by the mail secure. What's your email sever? Gmail or Outlook?

Best regards

Sabrina

Ray0801
Creator
Creator
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​ Sorry for the late reply

I am using Outlook and pfa the screnshot of my mail component

0695b00000OCqQVAA1.png

Ray0801
Creator
Creator
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​ Our Outlook has double factor authentication,

So I am using the App password Generated in my outlook account as password.

We have tried with multiple mail ids, still the same authentication error persists.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you able to send email VIA using your authentication (App password Generated in my outlook account as password.) to login your outlook without using Talend tool?

Is the problem in the mail secure?

Best regards

Sabrina

Ray0801
Creator
Creator
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​ 

Hi Sabrina,

Yes, it works fine when I use the creds to send a mail through a python program.

I dont think mail secure is the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Does this issue only repro on V 7.0.1? Have you tried to use other build version(V 7.3.1, V 8.0 ) to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

Ray0801
Creator
Creator
Author

@Xiaodi Shi  I can't install any others versions in the server, but when I tried to run the mail job in my other machine it works fine with V8 &V7.3

Aside,​

We also checked the TLS restriction in the Java security file as mentioned in some other solutions of Community, but the TLS versions has not been restricted in our machine.

Could this have anything to do with any firewall block on the machine side and if it would be can suggest some steps we should ask our admin to follow to resolve this issue.​

Thank you for you help.​

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

As this job works well other machines, the setting and job design should be OK.

What's JDK version are you using on this machine when executing your tsendmail job in studio V 7.0.1? JDK 1.7 or JDK 1.8?

Best regards

Sabrina

Ray0801
Creator
Creator
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​  We are using JDK 1.8