Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Git user issue in TAC...

Hi,
We have TAC , Nexus, and Talend Studio installed on one machine A; Job server on another machine B. We are using Git instead of SVN.
I installed Git client on the machine A (using my Git user ID and password). I also configured the Git in TAC using my Git user ID and password (see the attached "tac_git.png").
I then created new users in TAC and using user specific user ID for GIT. I save the new user.
In Talend Studio (on machine A), I created a new remote connection to TAC using the new user. But a pop up window was prompted asking for Git password. The user input the password, but always ended up with invalid password.
If I go back to TAC and modify that new user to use my Git User ID and password, there will be no issue in Talend Studio for that user. 
I figured that it could be the reason that the Git client was installed on machine A by myself and the Git user was set to myself. So I ran the git command to switch Git user:
git config user.name <NEW_GIT_USER> 
After that I started Talend Studio, but still I got popup window for Git password and with the new password it still does not work.
It seems that all the users have to use my Git user ID and password in Talend Studio.
Any idea, what did I miss in the Git configuration?
Thank you so much!
Labels (4)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Have you already checked this KB article about:TalendHelpCenter:Using Git with Talend?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here is the missing screen shot from my original post.
0683p000009MDSH.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
I read through the KB article about: TalendHelpCenter:Using+Git+with+Talend . I did not see what I did wrong when configuring the Git. 
I configured the Git user in TAC when configuring the GIT. I added the TAC user and make sure that the TAC user has specified the correct Git user id and password. But still in Talend Studio, when I tried to open the Talend Studio using the remote connection I got pop up window asking for Git password. And it just refused to take the password. 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

OK, this issue has been resolved. It turns out that there was some git user configuration issue on our side.
Thanks for all the help!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Great it is fixed. 

If the issue is closed, could you please click the "Set this topic as resolved" link which is right underneath your initial post? This way, other users will be informed that this thread has been resolved.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am getting same issue. What was the solution?
Beng_Wi
Contributor
Contributor

For anyone, who get the same issue.

This might help: Open talend administration center, after creating a new user in TAC go to "User settings" and enter the GIT/SVN credential for the new user.