Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dominik_G
Contributor
Contributor

Global Variables Not Accessible tGoogleDriveList

Hi all,

I went all through the forum and cannot find the answer, so I ask. 

According to the documentation available, I should be able to access global variables for tGoogleDriveList like ID (of the file) and TITLE (of the file). 

However I do not see those in my Talend Studio in the outline nor can I access them using command (String)globalMap.get("tGoogleDriveList_2_TITLE").

What I am aiming to do is my job to pick up some files from google drive and load them to Snowflake. In order to do that I wanted to iterate on the files on Drive and using globalMap.get + global variable ID or TITLE in component tFileInputExcel select the file to be loaded to Snowflake with tdbOutput. 

In the meantime I tried just to print the IDs and TITLEs using tIteratetoFlow and tLogRow, but all I am getting is null values. The count of rows returned is correct, corresponds to the quantity of files in folder, but all values returned are null. 

Would anybody have an idea how to access those global variables? 

Labels (2)
12 Replies
Dominik_G
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@talend Team

Will these variables be available in the new versions of the Talend Studio at any point? I think it would make sense …

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dominik_G 

I would recommend you to create a JIRA ticket regarding this query.

https://jira.talendforge.org

If you are an Enterprise customer, please create a support case and support team will followup on your query with Product team.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

dwhdeveloper
Contributor
Contributor

Is that been solved?

I also have the same issue since upgrading to latest Talend.

Cannot access global variables for tGoogleDriveList.

I need that to iterate over the files in google drive and get them.