Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pager
Contributor
Contributor

Help connecting to a pervasive database

NewBie here!

I need some help setting up a connection to a pervasive database, I have an ODBC connection setup, but I don't see a option for odbc under the DB Type. So how do you create a connect to a pervasive database? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (2)
10 Replies
vapukov
Master II
Master II

Hi 

Talend Studio is Java application and does not work with ODBC, instead, you need use JDBC drivers

you need check Pervasive site for download proper jdbc drivers and manually setup JDBC connection in Talend

sample of connection properties would be similar to - https://www.dbvis.com/features/pervasive-database-drivers/

Pager
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the reply!

I search the web and could not find a jdbc driver for pervasive, can anyone point me to a url where I can download jdbc drivers for pervasive database?

vapukov
Master II
Master II

Pager
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hey vapukov,

Thanks For the zip files,  I'm having a problem getting the pvjdbc2.jar file installed.  I think I'm doing this right, I went under "Show views" then selected Modules, and then selected the import external jars, found my file. I can see it installed in the list of modules, but as soon as I refresh the install goes away, looks like talend is not saving the install file.  I'm using Talend v7.1 any ideas?

Thanks again for your help.

talend.PNG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pager
Use tJDBCxxx component and specify the jar file in the Drivers table.

Regards
Shong

BlueOctopus
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have DBVIS installed and the connection is working fine.   However when I try to access the data via Talend, I'm unable to do so.

Here the steps I followed:

via modules, installed 2 jars, needed for the database connection (identical ones to the ones used in DBVIS)

When I add in the database connection, the Pervasive driver is not showing up, which is strange ( but not an issue, seems to me)

I just add in the pervasive connection as a basic JDBC connection, similar to the syntax used on the DBVIS...

And I add in the drivers manually as shown in the below screenshot.  No username and password are required in DBVIS, but still not working.

0683p000009M5nz.jpg

The error is connection failure. You must change the database setting, but which setting do I need to change?

In the detail it states:

Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.pervasive.pscs.Manager
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 24 more

Can someone help me out, please?

Thanks in advance.

Pager
Contributor
Contributor
Author

This is how I have my pervasive db connection setup. Hope this helps.0683p000009M5o4.jpg

BlueOctopus
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

thanks for your help.  It seems that I missed a component, which isn't needed for dbvisualizer.

My connection is now successful on testing, but on saving (finish) I get following error:

0683p000009M5oT.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

BlueOctopus
Contributor
Contributor

It seems that there was a stability issue on saving the connection.  I retried and now it saves seemingly correctly.