Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tornilleiro
Contributor III
Contributor III

How I can insert SDO_GEOMETRY using tOracleOutput

Hi, 
I'm trying to insert a  SDO_GEOMETRY object/element in one column using tOracleOutput.
My first option was to insert the rows using the tOracleRow component using the following query string: INSERT INTO SAMPLE_POINTS values(1,SDO_GEOMETRY(?)). This option  worked properly but the performance is really bad. 
My second option was to use the component tOracleOutput to perform a batchupdate  but  it wasn't work:
I have tried to use different  kind of objects,byte[], string for passing the data to SDO_GEOMETRY column but always get an error.
Reading Oracle Documentation Oracle JGeometry Api I see that is necessary create an STRUCT object, but I don't know how I can include this code in Talend.
 /// writing a geometry back to database
PreparedStatement ps = connection.prepareStatement(
"UPDATE states set geometry=? where name='Florida'");
//convert JGeometry instance to DB STRUCT using the SDO pickler
STRUCT obj = JGeometry.store(connection, j_geom);
ps.setObject(1, obj);
ps.execute();

Have someone any clue how to work with Oracle spatial types and Talend (tOracleOutput)?
Have someone any clue how to use custom code in the PreparedStatement for the tOracleOutput?

Thank you in advance.
David
Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
The "Use PreparedStatement" option has been added to all db row components (Advanced settings section).
For your performance issue, have you already checked "Commit every" option to ensure transaction quality and above all better performance on executions?
Best regards
Sabrina
vrobine
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Do you find any solution to fill the Oracle SDO_GEOMETRY type with the tOracleOutput.

I still trying to get the SDO_GEOMETRY type on my list ou data type.

I have add the object type SDO_GEOMETRY to the mapping_oracle.xml file, on the project stting mapping directory and the configuration mapping directory, but no result, nothing appears.

I'm assuming the SDI component works with Oracle, but I can only find old post and no example on how to implement with Oracle.

Is it possible to get the SDO_GEOMTRY type on the list of DB TYPE?

has anyone implemented it successfully?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Vincent

tornilleiro
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Vincent,

I've just seen today your message... It is possible to add the SDO_GEOMETRY type to work with ORACLE using the mapping.xml file of Talend. May be you already have discovered, long time ago that you post the message...