Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KHeilmann
Contributor
Contributor

How can I make sure before an FTP download starts that the file has already been completely uploaded to the FTP server?

Hello,

I want to use tFtpGet to download all files in a directory whose file extension is ".csv". What is the best way to make sure that the file I want to download is already entirely uploaded to the FTP server? At the moment there are two options under discussion.

Variant one would be that I only download a file if a second file exists as a marker, which has the same name as the original file but a different file extension like for example ".cnf". Can someone tell me how I can best check the existence of the second file?

Variant two would be that I only download one file if your creation date is at least two hours in the past. Does anyone have an idea how I can best implement this variant?

With kind regards

Karl

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Leli
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have the same issue, I use tFtpGet and it download files even they are not entirely uploaded. Have you find any solution?

Thanks,

Jelena