Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric_Talend
Creator
Creator

How can I pass the context to my subjobs ?

Hello

I have a job "A" who call two others jobs "B" and "C".

I have a problem to pass my context to theirs others jobs.

I try several solutions but none works.

On the screenshots, you can see :

context : "Prod_v7" this is the execution context on my production mode and this is the context that I want to propagate

in the log area : "with the context "Qlf_v7"

I would like "Prod_v7" to my main job and to the jobs "B" and "C".

Kind regards,

Eric.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
JohnRMK
Creator II
Creator II

Hello Eric,

Before using the TAC to transmit the context, you must first do it at the tRunJob level

As you can see in the image below, you must check the box to transmit the contexts.

0693p000009Se5oAAC.png

No need to fill in the list of variables but you must have the same groups of context variables in all the jobs

The second step is to check the same box at the time of Build or Publish to Nexus. Then of course you can do it with the TAC but you must necessarily have the previous two steps.

0693p000009Se5tAAC.png

With this second step, you choose to build the main job and you force to update the poms of the child jobs with the same context

tell us if it works correctly.

Eric_Talend
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

But I have a question :.

I must publish to Nexus twice : one time with the context "Prod" and one time with the contexte "Qlf" ?

Kind regards

JohnRMK
Creator II
Creator II

Hello,

I would say no ! After all, it depends on how you manage releases and test.

If you want to test the qualif one first, you'd better publish a snapshot with the qualif context.

Then, after the tests (validation), you can publish a realease in production and update the task in the tac with the right context and the right artifact (realease and prod)

JohnRMK
Creator II
Creator II

the issue (limitation) with Nexus is that by default you can publish only one instance of the job in realease and as many times as you want in snapshots.

It does not take into account the change of context as being another version

Eric_Talend
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello,

I made several tests and I still have the problem.

My solution : remove calls from jobs called in job A and create an execution plan in the TAC.

before :

job A : call job B then call job C then do instructions

TAC : execution job conductor with job A only

after :

job A : just instructions

TAC : add execution plan with job B then job C then job A

Kind regards.