Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wangbinlxx
Creator
Creator

How can I set tSnowflakeConnection to connect to different region?

Hi

I'm testing tSnowflakeConnection on my PC, and it fails with the following error.

Exception in component tDBConnection_1
java.lang.RuntimeException: JDBC driver encountered communication error. Message: HTTP status=403.Incorrect Snowflake Account was specified

snowsql(CLI Client)) on my PC works fine. 

When I compare snowsql with tSnowflakeConnection , it is very clear that parameter for region is missing from tSnowflakeConnection.

https://help.talend.com/reader/KLsQaMqQC043uxe6RZXYNQ/kFxRzw0aj6_1rFYaVuqEtQ

https://docs.snowflake.net/manuals/user-guide/snowsql-start.html

--region TEXT Snowflake region. US-West (default), US-East: us-east-1, EU (Frankfurt): eu-central-1. Honors $SNOWSQL_REGION.

I can confirm this behavior. My account URL is pointing to ap-southeast-2 .  When I run tSnowflakeConnection, it tries to connect to us-west-2 . 

How can I set tSnowflakeConnection to connect to different region?

Thanks,

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wangbinlxx
Creator
Creator
Author

Solution:

Add the region name into double quotes for 'Account';

If the snowflake URL is AccountName.RegionName.snowflakecomputing.com, add "AccountName.RegionName" into the account field .

View solution in original post

3 Replies
wangbinlxx
Creator
Creator
Author

BTW, my Talend version is 7.0.1  .

wangbinlxx
Creator
Creator
Author

Solution:

Add the region name into double quotes for 'Account';

If the snowflake URL is AccountName.RegionName.snowflakecomputing.com, add "AccountName.RegionName" into the account field .

Stephen-Elves
Contributor
Contributor

[UPDATE] If you try this solution now then it will fail as there has now been a "Snowflake Region" drop down added.

BUT it only has a limited number of entries.

BUT^2 There is now a "Custom Snowflake Region" option hidden in the "Advanced Settings" tab.