Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sergi1
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to Create Folder in Destination (Easy)

Hello,

I just want to create a folder in my Desktop.

Currently, I am doing that with tFileCopy, which does the job, but it throws an error saying it cannot find the file. Obviously, it can't find it because I left it blank (see picture), because I DO NOT want to copy a file, just create a folder. Is there a way to do that?

I have tested other components, like tFileList or tFileTouch, but none do exactly what I need.

Is it possible to just create a folder?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MS5
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

It's maybe not the best solution but on my side I would have done something like :

• tFixedFlowInput with 1 column empty and parameter Number of Rows set to 0
  • tFileOutputDelimited with the file specified in the folder you want to create, option "Don't generate empty file" checked and option "Create directory if do'nt exist" checked (these 2 options in Advanced settings tab)

0695b00000HBIoxAAH.png 

=> tfixedflowinput generate 0 data, so the file is empty and so not generated but the folder is created, empty.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MS5
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

It's maybe not the best solution but on my side I would have done something like :

• tFixedFlowInput with 1 column empty and parameter Number of Rows set to 0
  • tFileOutputDelimited with the file specified in the folder you want to create, option "Don't generate empty file" checked and option "Create directory if do'nt exist" checked (these 2 options in Advanced settings tab)

0695b00000HBIoxAAH.png 

=> tfixedflowinput generate 0 data, so the file is empty and so not generated but the folder is created, empty.

Sergi1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Good enough, that does the job with no errors.

Thank you!

Mahamoutou
Contributor III
Contributor III

0695b00000HBJ2kAAH.pngYou could also use a single tCreateTemporaryFile component to acheive that.

You just need to specify your directory and let all as defaut.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also use a tSystem to execute a command.

Regards

Shong