Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to connect on premise SQL database from Talend integration cloud

I have a job which connects to on premise SQL server database exports the table into delimited file then one system component uploads the file using \copy to PostgreSQL Aurora.

I published the job to Talend cloud and able to run it using Talend remote engine. But the remote engine uses our local VM resources which will be very restrictive.  

Is there any way i can run it from the Talend cloud engine directly to access the on premises data Similar to Azure gateway service  ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

As a best practice, use Remote Engines, instead of Cloud engines, for Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) environments. Whatever your VPC is, make sure you designate a remote engine instance with enough capacity to serve as a remote engine. You should not use Cloud engines.

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

As a best practice, use Remote Engines, instead of Cloud engines, for Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) environments. Whatever your VPC is, make sure you designate a remote engine instance with enough capacity to serve as a remote engine. You should not use Cloud engines.

Best regards

Sabrina