Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to debug tMap errors?

We have all been there. You create a job with a tMap and it fails due to some problem in the tMap config. Many times it is due to something connected to data being null. Maybe you have a "compareTo" checking a String that is null or a "parseInt" trying to convert some non-numeric text to an Integer. They are common issues, but they are generally pretty tricky to identify so that you can cater for situations in which they occur. That is if you do not use a trick that is very useful and surprisingly very rarely used. Talend actually provide a mechanism to help you pinpoint these issues, but for some reason they do not publicise it well. This post will show you how to use it.

To see the whole post, download it here
Labels (4)
14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thanks for your sharing on forum.

Best regards

Sabrina

lokanath1241
Contributor
Contributor

exactly what I am looking for ...really good option.

Thanks,

Lokanath.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Cool. This will really helps to debug the issue.

Thanks
Mallika. M
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you please uploaded screenshot , I am unable to find the options. This option is available in open studio?

Regards,

Avinash 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Please have a look at my screenshots. This option is available in talend open studio. Hope it helps.

0683p000009M1qv.png0683p000009M1ri.png

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

can you please help me how can I convert  decimal  to int in tmap please, thanks for your help in advance

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try this

row3.BigDecimalToInteger.intValue()

Regards,

Avinash

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Does this tMap trick work on Talend Open Studio? If it does, could you please help check if it works on TOS 7.1.1?  I unticked the "Die on error", but it didn't automatically generate the pre-configured columns for "errorMessage" and "errorStackTrace".

Thanks,

TM

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @Moe ,

This tMap feature does trick on talend open studio. I'm afraid to say it doesn't work well on Talend Open Studio V 7.1.1.

Actually, it works in 7.1.1 but subscription version.

Here exists a jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-20851 and our TUP developers are trying their best to hot-fix this issue.

I will keep you posted for any update. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards

Sabrina