Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMaiorov1678082698
Contributor
Contributor

How to delete tLogRow component

Hi, I am working with some data transformation and I used tLogRow to output some data. The tLogRow component is connected to a tMap on both sides. When I don't need to output data anymore I delete tLogRow but it results in columns and expression being mismatched, because tLogRow uses rows to transfer data, but it was used to be out. How can I remove tLogRow while making the columns and expression match tMap which was there before tLogRow?

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Jamesclary
Contributor II
Contributor II

To remove the tLogRow component from your Talend job without causing mismatched columns and expressions, you can follow these steps:

Disconnect the tLogRow component from both sides by clicking and dragging the arrow connecting it to the tMap component.

Click on the tLogRow component to select it.

Press the "Delete" key on your keyboard or right-click on the tLogRow component and select "Delete" from the context menu.

When prompted to choose how to manage the schema, select "Copy the schema to the next component" and click "OK".

This will copy the schema from the previous tMap component to the next component in the flow, ensuring that the columns and expressions match.

By following these steps, you can safely remove the tLogRow component from your Talend job without causing any mismatched columns or expressions. ManageMyHealth Login

tnewbie
Creator II
Creator II

If you are running into issues deleting tLogRow, the easiest way would be to disable tMap than needing to delete it.

I suspect 2 issues here:

1) when you delete tLogRow and then connect tMap_6 to tMap_7, tMap_7 output might still be looking for row4.column_name where as you now have out7.column_name

2) Because you seem to have a lookup on tMap_7 and when you deleted the tLogRow, the lookup condition might have been broken as the column prefix would have changed... ensure that the lookup is correctly joined now