Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to execute Oracle sql script in talend ?

Hi,
I have Oracle SP that return a sql path and I stored it in a context variable.
Now I need to execute this sql script in talend (like we execute it in sql plus --> @ sqlscript.sql )
Is there any similar component in talend to do this task. (I tried it in tOracleRow but it execute only Select & DML queries)
I am also thinking to implement it in tJava/tJavaRow component (by writing java code) ...is this a correct way ?
Kindly assist.
Regards,
Rakesh D
Labels (3)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi  
Take a look at this related https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/resolved-Execute-Script-sql-to-Oracle-from-fi..., or try the custom component  tSQLScriptParser  shared by jlolling on Talend Exchange. 
Regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shong,
I have downloaded the TSQLScriptParser (its a zip file) but not able to understand where I need to keep this file/folder.
Can you please help ?
I have extracted this file and it consist of 2 folder tSQLScriptParser and __MACOSX and they have few files (.xml/javalet/jar) but not sure where I have to place these files.
Regards,
Rakesh D
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Shong,
Do I need to place extracted folder under this path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Talend-Studio\studio\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.sparkstrprovider_6.2.1.20160704_1411\components
As I can see other components' folders are there.
Please confirm.
Regards,
Rakesh D
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shong,
I was able to load the tSQLScriptParser component by installing it properly but its not able to execute the sql script (I am getting "File Not found") even I have given the proper file name in the File *.sql.
Then I read some other post related to this and they said that we can use tFileInputFullRow--> tOracleRow to execute sql script.
I have given the complete file path in the tFileInputFullRow and then I used ((String)globalMap.get("sql")) in the Query section of tOracleRow component but getting error:
SQL statement to execute cannot be empty or null
Am I doing any mistake?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,
Even I use tSystem to execute sqlscript by (I am passing my sql script complete path in the context variable)
"cmd /c echo HELLO &  sqlplus dbuser/*****@DBNAME & @" +context.Script_File_path+" "
it is executing without any error but it did not create file (this script create spool file by executing select statement)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello 
tSQLScriptParser is a custom component, to be honest, I have not used it. Please refer to this KB article about how to install a custom component, make sure you have installed into studio correctly.
Then I read some other post related to this and they said that we can use tFileInputFullRow--> tOracleRow to execute sql script

See this https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/resolved-Execute-Script-sql-to-Oracle-from-fi..., there should be a tJavaFlex component between tFileInputFullRow and tOracleRow.
Regards
Shong