Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ineedtalend
Contributor
Contributor

How to manually import libaries into Talend Open Studio 6.3?

In the earlier versions of TOS Data Integrator, there is this folder /configuration/lib/java where we can place the external libaries like db drivers, MQ drivers, etc. However, the later versions don't have that folder, instead it appears to be it comes with some of the standard drivers and it's not clear to me how the libaries are maintained.

I am trying to use TOS 6.3 and I don't find this /configuration/lib/java folder. It appears to be TOS 6.3 comes with some drivers, for example, MQ 8.x drivers. I want to replace that with another version. How can I do that?

Appareciate your help

Thanks.

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

As of 6.x, you can find the libraries under {Talend_home}\studio\configuration\.m2\repository\org\talend\libraries

Before 6.x, user can find the libraries under {Talend_home}\studio\configuration\lib\java

As of 6.x, the folder lib\java is not created during the install. However if the folder is created it will also be used by Talend. For instance, some customers might still be using SVN for library management and still using the lib\java folder while they are planning the move to Nexus artifact repository.

If both, .m2\repository\org\talend\libraries folder and lib\java folder, are present Talend will look first in the .m2\repository\org\talend\libraries folder and if it cannot find the jar there then it will look in the lib\java folder.

Are you able to load the jar successfully when using tLibraryLoad component?

Best regards

Sabrina

Ineedtalend
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Sabrina.

If I place the jars in \configuration\lib\java, I can see them in the tLibraryLoad dropdown. However, it also lists the jars listed under \org\talend\libraries. I think, it's because the xxxxxx_java.xml (e.g. tMomOutput_java.xml) file under \plugin\...\components\ has reference to the libaries in Maven (e.g. MVN="mvn:org.talend.libraries/com.ibm.mq-8.0.0.4/6.0.0").

Is it safe to remove this Maven reference in all related components' (e.g. all tMomxxx components) xxxxxx_java.xml file (and keep the jars in \configuration\lib\java)?

When I replace the jars with a different version, I don't want to leave the ones that came with the install as this will causes issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What's external libraries are you trying to replace? Is it possible for you to use talend latest released build version to overcome it?

Best regards

Sabrina

Ineedtalend
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sabrina,

Both TOS 6.3 ad 7.3 comes with MQ 8.x libraries. I am trying to replace that with the latest MQ library which has more jars.

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

So far, it is not get the officially supported the latest IBM MQ versions in Talend.

If you replace the jar version (com.ibm.mq.jar and com.ibm.mqjms.jar) to the latest MQ library, which might make your job failed.

Could you please create a new feature jira issue on talend bug tracker?

Best regards

Sabrina

Ineedtalend
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sorry for my belated response xdshi. Thanks for the response. Sure, I will create the jira issue.