Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s_mil
Contributor
Contributor

How to parse and array of strings inside an array

Hi everybody!

I'm creating my first pipeline and I'm trying to retrieve data from a webservice.

This is working fine and I did not have problem with it, so I receive from my web service an item in this form:

[["myitem1","property1a","property2a"],

["myitem2","property1a","property2a"]]

As you can see I've an array of strings inside an array, this result is returned as string from my tWebServiceInput component. Each array should be an "item/row" and then I will map each position to a specific column (column index 0 => id, column index 1 => title, column index 2 => description...).

I've tried to use tNormalize component to separate items but I wasn't able to obtain a good result.

Could you please give me suggestions on how to parse this kind of array?

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

because the separator of each value is ",", you need to replace the item separator "," to another character such as ";" before using tNomalize component, then use tExtractDelimitedFields to extract value from the item string, please see my screenshots

0693p00000AcEjXAAV.png0693p00000AcEjSAAV.png0693p00000AcEjNAAV.png0693p00000AcEjIAAV.png 

Regards

Shong

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

because the separator of each value is ",", you need to replace the item separator "," to another character such as ";" before using tNomalize component, then use tExtractDelimitedFields to extract value from the item string, please see my screenshots

0693p00000AcEjXAAV.png0693p00000AcEjSAAV.png0693p00000AcEjNAAV.png0693p00000AcEjIAAV.png 

Regards

Shong

s_mil
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Shicong Hong​ !

Your solution is perfect! Thank you so much