Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to split file by number of lines?

Hi,

I have to split large excel file by number of lines , per 1000. (with the limitation of the file import system.)

How can I do setting on Tanend to create files in 1000 lines?

I did not know where I could specify the specification of every 1000 rows.

This url is similar to what I want to do,but currently I couldn't use some Database, only using csv/Excel.

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/tFileOutputDelimited-split-output-in-multiple...

Thank you.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Hi,

If you are able to have the output to CSV format, connect your tFileInputExcel to a tFileOutputDelimited component.

Then, go to the Advanced Settings panel, tick the option "Split output in several files" and enter the desired number of lines for each output file (1,000 as the default).

If your output must be Excel format, you'll have to add a subjob to iterate over the CSV files generated and to create 1 Excel file per input CSV file.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Hi,

If you are able to have the output to CSV format, connect your tFileInputExcel to a tFileOutputDelimited component.

Then, go to the Advanced Settings panel, tick the option "Split output in several files" and enter the desired number of lines for each output file (1,000 as the default).

If your output must be Excel format, you'll have to add a subjob to iterate over the CSV files generated and to create 1 Excel file per input CSV file.

TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Did this help?
If so, thank's to mark your case as solved (Kudo also accepted).