Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nvtd4000
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to test tPostjob to know if it gets invoked

I am using Talend Studio for Bigdata platform v7.3.1.

I have a simple job (rest service) which includes a tPrejob and tPostjob. Each of them connects to tJava.

tJava components simply do System.out.println("PreJob loading") and System.out.println("PostJob loading").

0695b00000HuzRrAAJ.png 

When I run the job, I can see the tJava which is connected to PreJob get invoked: "PreJob loading".

But After the the job finished: client gets response from rest service. I don't see tPostjob invoked.

Even after I manually killing the job, I still don't see anything from tPostjob and its java component.

Could you please help me to know how to test tPostjob and its following components.

4 Replies
hp1
Contributor
Contributor

@Not defined Not defined​ tPreJob and tPostJob have a guranteed execution even if you have a failure in your subjobs. Have you configured tJava with code to print anything? If not you can possibly try printing some information like time/etc through the tJava component connected on componentOk and check on the console for the same.

XJ_1630
Contributor III
Contributor III

harshadpurohit is correct - these components are guaranteed to run

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Or you could populates the return error of job execution in the job, to do:

Try to add a tLogCatcher, it also has a column called code populates the return error of job execution.

Best regards

Sabrina

ThWabi
Creator II
Creator II

Hello nvtd4000,

if you are testing within Studio, you could also connect a tMsgBox component to the tPostJob.

Best regards,

Thomas