Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dattasud
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to update prev row after comparing with current and prev row?

Hi All,

I am new to TOS for data processing. My previous approach was with tUniqRow but changed it using tMemorizeRow and tJavaFlex.

I am using tMemorizeRows and tJavaFlex for my duplicate row check.

Using tMemorizeRows  with 2 row count, I am checking 2 row at a time. Based on my one condition, I need to update one column in the prev row.

So, in tJavaFlex based on my memorizerow data, I am able to compare and update a column for my current row in context. But to update a column value for my previous row (matched row by condition using memorizerow), how can I do that? How can I get previous row to update any column with new value.

I tried with tJavaFlex_2/tJavaRow after my tJavaFlex_1 but it executes one row at a time. So, I am not able to get previous row. Is there anyway, I can search the whole result row object(tJavaFlex_1) and set value?  Can I use tMap to solve the problem? Thanks in advance.

0683p000009M9wG.jpg

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's probably best that use the tHashInput and tHashOutput components for this.

https://help.talend.com/reader/8_lXEInq2ehdXds6XE9PsA/OxFrHZZyW9fvSE5SUBJOKQ

https://help.talend.com/reader/8_lXEInq2ehdXds6XE9PsA/kQWU35YXytKECckZ5EqvGg

Read the data into a tHashOutput for each row (uniques/non-uniques), then use the tHashInput components to read that data in again and join using a tMap.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's probably best that use the tHashInput and tHashOutput components for this.

https://help.talend.com/reader/8_lXEInq2ehdXds6XE9PsA/OxFrHZZyW9fvSE5SUBJOKQ

https://help.talend.com/reader/8_lXEInq2ehdXds6XE9PsA/kQWU35YXytKECckZ5EqvGg

Read the data into a tHashOutput for each row (uniques/non-uniques), then use the tHashInput components to read that data in again and join using a tMap.

dattasud
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your input @rhall .

I changed my approach for the problem. I am using tMemorizeRows and tJavaFlex for my duplicate row check.

Using tMemorizeRows  with 2 row count, I am checking 2 row at a time. Based on my condition, I need to update one column in the row.

So, in tJavaFlex based on my memorizerow data, I am able to update a column for my current row in context. But to update a column value for my previous row (matched row by condition using memorizerow), how can I get previous row to update any column with new value.

I tried with tJavaFlex_2/tJavaRow after my tJavaFlex_1 but it executes one row at a time. So, I am not able to get previous row. Is there anyway, I can search the whole result row object(tJavaFlex_1) and set value?  Can I use tMap to solve the problem? Thanks in advance.

0683p000009M9qY.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

The method you are looking for (to search the whole result rows) with a tMap is essentially what I was describing in my first suggestion. I am not sure how your new method will work if I am honest. Have you tried using the tHash components?

dattasud
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @rhall 

Yes, I checked the tHashOutput and tHashInput components and used it like below flow. 

I am getting runtime exception with tHashInput_2 that its not initialized. The  tHashInput_2 is linked to tHashOutput_2 which is having the duplicate rows.

I wrote condition in tMap for my duplicate row checks and updating the value in rows. 

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3722
[statistics] connected
Exception in component tHashInput_2 (Copy_of_AccountStatusChange)
java.lang.RuntimeException: The hash is not initialized : The hash must exist before you read from it
at stateofbusiness.copy_of_accountstatuschange_0_1.Copy_of_AccountStatusChange.tHashInput_2Process(Copy_of_AccountStatusChange.java:2601)
at stateofbusiness.copy_of_accountstatuschange_0_1.Copy_of_AccountStatusChange.tHashInput_1Process(Copy_of_AccountStatusChange.java:1511)
at stateofbusiness.copy_of_accountstatuschange_0_1.Copy_of_AccountStatusChange.runJobInTOS(Copy_of_AccountStatusChange.java:5655)
at stateofbusiness.copy_of_accountstatuschange_0_1.Copy_of_AccountStatusChange.main(Copy_of_AccountStatusChange.java:5504)
[statistics] disconnected

The tHashInput_2 is getting initiated from tHashInput_1. And also the this right side block is getting complied first then the actual main left side job. Is there any way to correct the flow. The flow should go from left to right.

0683p000009M9xn.jpg

nivedhitha
Creator III
Creator III

@dattasud , Yeah with the currrent design, the hashinput subjob is executed at the same time as the salesforce connection. You have to connect the HashInput subjob on 'On subjob ok' trigger from tSalesforceInput

dattasud
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@nivedhitha Thanks for your input. The error is resolved.
Thanks @rhall for your help and time.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you got it sorted, and thanks to @nivedhitha for helping to resolve the usage problem