Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RP1629548713
Contributor II
Contributor II

IllegalConversion error in Talend

Hi All,

I get this error in my tHiveInput:

java.sql.SQLException: Illegal conversion

at org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveBaseResultSet.getTimestamp

I have already visited the below discussion forums,but they havent been concluded as expected:

https://community.talend.com/s/feed/0D53p00007vCqDfCAK?language=en_US

https://community.talend.com/s/question/0D53p00007vCjgACAS/retrieving-date-from-hive-to-talend-illeg....

Can someone please help? I tried the above steps too , I changed the timestamp to DAte in the "DATE" field in the xml but I am still getting this error.

Please suggest

Labels (2)
7 Replies
gjeremy1617088143
Creator III
Creator III

Hi, maybe you don't have the good version of your jdbc driver.

Send me love and kudos

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you show your schema configuration for this component and also show your query? It would be useful to see the schema of the table that you are querying.

RP1629548713
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I have been through the schema . All the data types are in the source and tgt are same.

And i am using a simple lookup which consists of the keys from the lookup table

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't help unless I have more of an idea what you have I'm afraid.

RP1629548713
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I am just trying to join the source and a lookup hive table .​I had removed all my date columns too and tried running the job i got exactly the same error.

RP1629548713
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi ,

Can someone please suggest ?

gjeremy1617088143
Creator III
Creator III

could you send the screenshot of your error, and look the first row referenced in your exception go to the code window and send a screenshot a the first line mentioned by the exception ?