Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ravivarma_india
Contributor
Contributor

Im using tdbinput and fetching records from oracle :Invalid column type: getString/getNString not implemented for class oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CBlobAccessor

Hi

069U1000000rikTIAQ.png 

Invalid column type: getString/getNString not implemented for class oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CBlobAccessor

Some of the columns are blob type in oracle db and Im using Json function to retrieve the values.

I tried to aplied this solution

NVL(TO_CHAR(UTL_RAW.CAST_TO_VARCHAR2(DBMS_LOB.SUBSTR(JSON_QUERY(message, '$.part.additionalData' RETURNING BLOB), DBMS_LOB.GETLENGTH(JSON_QUERY(message, '$.part.additionalData' RETURNING BLOB)), 1))), '') AS PART_ADDITIONAL_DATA,

but it wasn't worked for me ..😏

Any other solution to fix this invalid column type error or any libraries required to fix this ?

currently I am using ojdbc19.jar

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I'm afraid the JDBC driver does not support the JSON_QUERY function.

Read this post and try the solutions mentioned in the post to read blob type from Oracle DB and create corresponding Json file.

https://community.talend.com/s/question/0D53p00007vCo74CAC/resolved-create-file-from-a-blob-input-oracle-db?language=en_US

If you migrate the table from oracle to another database, select byte[] type for the blob type.

Regards

Shong