Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Implicit context load from Database

Hi,

I need to load context variable defined in the table into the jobs. Using project settings options for implicit context load, how to associate columns from a table to the context variables.

I have a table ETL_CONFIG with columns (PARAM,VALUE) I need to used the values from this two columns into the context load.

For. e.g

FILEDIRECTORYPE2 - E:/d/GND Rapid Phase/GND Rapid Phase/Sample Files/SM3 SAP imports/SM3 SAP imports/PE2/

here FILEDIRECTORYPE2 is the context variable and E:/d/GND Rapid Phase/GND Rapid Phase/Sample Files/SM3 SAP imports/SM3 SAP imports/PE2/ is value that is present as a row in the table, how to read this in the jobs using implicit context load option.

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
3 Replies
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Hi,

Table used for implicit context load from database must contain "key" and "value" column.

See this link for explaination.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the information. It is mandatory to have key and value as the column name? Also, if we have multiple context variables can we add it in table and it will be used in the jobs?

I did not get the query condition part, what query condition we need to provide there.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

The only requirement on the table is that it has two fields called key and value,Other fields can also be part of the table . These will be returned in the result set and loaded into the job Context.In query condition you have to provide the condition like where clause.

Belowlink is helpful to you.

https://mindmajix.com/talend/managing-context-variables