Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inconsistent stackmap frames at branch target

I'm getting the following error when I run my job:

"java.lang.VerifyError: Inconsistent stackmap frames at branch target 26387
Exception Details:
local_project/aaa_initial_0_1/AAA_initial.tPostgresqlInput_2Process(Ljava/util/Map0683p000009MA9p.pngV @26387: aconst_null
Reason:
Type 'java/util/Map' (current frame, stack[0]) is not assignable to 'java/util/HashMap' (stack map, stack[0])
Current Frame:
bci: @26373
flags: { }

"

And it goes on.

Googling this error shows that it's related to JVM's interal byte-code check, but that doesn't really help much. I'm fairly certain that it's not related to the version of Java (JRE 1.8.0_131) that Talend uses, since I have other jobs that run just fine.

Anyone else ever run across this issue before? Any input would be appreciated.

Labels (3)
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Really strange, looks like there is 2 different implementation of Java Map in your system and the one linked to HashMap is not the same as the one where your code run.

Could be a strange OSGi configuration or some jar imported that create problem.

Verify the bundle generated and see if there is no strange dependency, maybe try to downgrade java, could be a bug in that release as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is there any bytecode modification happening (various agents etc.)?

What this error says is that the stackmap frame captured in the bytecode does not correspond to the actual data flow - the interesting information is unfortunately cut out. Either way, this needs to be addressed by any of the bytecode modifiers.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Guys,

I'm also facing the same issue. Could you please help here?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Guys,

I'm also facing the same issue. Please let me know how to resolve this issue?

Thereactor20
Contributor
Contributor

hello, to solve the issues and doing quick u have to use -noverify option or modify your Jre compiler to 1.6 i ivite you to read 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35159032/java-lang-verifyerror-inconsistent-stackmap-frames-at-b...

run.PNG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi AmarBelgacem,

Thank you for the response. Java version is 1.8 and as you mentioned I have used -noverify and modify options. still, I'm getting the same error.

Thereactor20
Contributor
Contributor

hi , check your  Talend configuration   java compiler building 1.8 sue default compliance setting  and change your jdk version if need because every version is a little bit diffirent in dealing with the byte code we are using jdk1.8.0_191 try and let me know.

sincerrly

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Please have a look at the screenshot and let me know if anything wrong.

JRE.PNG
Thereactor20
Contributor
Contributor

no for me it's  normal, but can you please try the noverify on the run tab of the job not the jre argument  if not  try to upgrade your jdk to another version and  purge your work space (be careful if you work on local  not remotely  )

https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

ilet me know if you  have always the problem