Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with Date in tfileInputExcel

Hello,

I have an xlsx input file with a date field format "dd/MM/yyyy".

If I open the fie with Excel, I have the correct date, like "25/01/2018". 

However, When using tFileInputExcel component to use this file in Talend Job, this same value transforms itself, with no component to do so in someting like, "02/01/0020"

I'm not sure where the problem is here and I've no idea where to go from there as it corrupt the whole job

Regards,

C.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Now that I know that the Date format Talend gets in input isn't the one I actually see in my excel file, I'm able to get the format I want with a simple parseDate.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

C.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

Can you open excel file in notepad++ and check the date format and specify the same format in job too
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thanks for the quick answer.

If it was a csv file I could, but if I try with xlsx file, it's appears completely encrypted on notepad++

I tried to save xlsx file to csv manually and then open with notepad++ and the format appears correctly. Unfortunaltely I can't do that for the job as it'll have to run daily and I will not have access to input before it arrives in job.

I tried to change tFileInputExcel schema from Date to string ans see what the content is in tlogRog, and it appears like this 2/25/18 instead of 02/25/2018 which may be the source of this issue.

Regards,

C.

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

Yes..when you try to read as sting,you were seeing in 2/25/18 format right? Then,while generating the excel file format has not specified 02/25/2018 format.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Now that I know that the Date format Talend gets in input isn't the one I actually see in my excel file, I'm able to get the format I want with a simple parseDate.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

C.