Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kai_1892
Contributor III
Contributor III

Job doesn't run as tRunJob

Hi,

I upgraded my Talend Open Studio to version 7.0.1 this morning and facing now a strange behaviour for a job with several tRunJob components.

When I'm running the job within the Talend Open Studio everything works well, but as soon as I run it on our server, it throws the following error message (only affecting the tRunJob1 component):

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: local_project."name of the job"
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:335)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
	... 2 more

When I'm looking into the zip file of the job and its jar files, the file of the first tRunJob component has always a size of 1 KB even though it was about 36 KB within the previous Talend version.

Moreover if I'm building the job behind the first tRunJob component separately and running it on the server, everything works well. So for me it seems like there is a bug when building jobs with several tRunJobs. Does anyone experience the same behaviour?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Kai

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kai_1892
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @JGM. If it happens another time, I will try your suggestions.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kai,

Are you facing this issue for all the Talend jobs or just the Talend jobs which got migrated from previous version?

Could you please try to create a new Talend parent and child job and see whether the issue persists for the new jobs?

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

kai_1892
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Nikhil,

I created a new parent and child job and now everything works well, not sure if it is due to the new parent or the new child job.

So obviously the issue is only related to the jobs which got migrated from the previous version, however it can't be the solution to recreate everything when I just want to do some minor adjustments to some jobs.

Best,

Kai

Anonymous
Not applicable

pom files are created in a new manner in Talend 7+ likely what happened here is that the pom for the parent job got screwed up (technical term). If you face the problem again and are using source control, deleting your workspace should fix it. If that dosnt work, re-importing the job may also fix it. 

kai_1892
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @JGM. If it happens another time, I will try your suggestions.