Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joining multiple tables with multiple keys

Hi All,

I'm trying to join three tables using tMap, but I'm not getting the correct results...

Here are my input tables...

How do you join tables with diff number of primary keys?

Do they always have to be the same?

0683p000009M6K5.png

Output table

0683p000009M6AV.png

Also, when I changed the Match Model to All Rows why does it always go back to All Matched after the job run?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The reason is that you have not joined the tables. Please drop the columns to the expression area of the lookup table to create join links between two tables.

You need to also select whether the join is Left Outer or Inner based on your requirement.

0683p000009M6S7.png

I would highly recommend you to go through the details about join conditions in tMap from help.talend.com so that you will have better understanding about the component usage. There are sample scenarios also in the help document which will give you better idea about how it works.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The reason is that you have not joined the tables. Please drop the columns to the expression area of the lookup table to create join links between two tables.

You need to also select whether the join is Left Outer or Inner based on your requirement.

0683p000009M6S7.png

I would highly recommend you to go through the details about join conditions in tMap from help.talend.com so that you will have better understanding about the component usage. There are sample scenarios also in the help document which will give you better idea about how it works.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Got it! Thanks!