Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tsendmail component issue

Hi all,
i'm trying to send an email from my job, for that i'm using gmail smtp shost and port number.
SMTP : smtp.gmail.com
Host :465
SSL : true
i had given email id and password.
but i'm getting Connection Refused exception
Exception in component tSendMail_1
javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465;
nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
Labels (3)
42 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
I tested to send an mail with gmail on v5.1.2 and it works.
In your case, it may be a firewall problem.
Can you try
c:\> telnet smtp.gmail.com 465
on your server and see whether you get a connection?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi Shong,
i tried what u told to but its telling "connection failed".
is thr any other way to solve this issue?. plz help.
Regards,
Amaresh
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Amaresh
Fot the component tsendmail, the SMTP Host and Port is "IP address of SMTP server used to send emails."
SMTP : smtp.gmail.com
Host :465
SSL : true

Make sure that the SMTP Host you have entered is totally right.
See pics:
Pic1. Ping the IP addressOF SMTP server"smtp.gmail.com"
Pic2. The demo job which is similiar with yours.
Try it, and pls give us your feedback and we will track you issue.
Best Regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
After pinging its giving "request time out".
As i'm working in office, proxy is set for all. is this an issue for not able to connect?
Thanks,
Amaresh
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Amaresh
Do you have a chance to try it in another working environment. I'm not sure that
As i'm working in office, proxy is set for all. is this an issue for not able to connect?

Best Regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am having the same problem but I can telnet via the cmd prompt. When I run the job I get this error
javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: 10.128.0.18, port: 25;
nested exception is:
java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: 10.128.0.18, port: 25;
nested exception is:
java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect

The error imply that the SMTP host: 10.128.0.18, port: 25 is not correct so Network is unreachable. Would you mind checking it?
See my screenshot for a successful setting of tsendmail
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have the same issue, a job that worked a month ago, can no longer send an email.
I CAN telnet to the host on port 25, using Putty, and I'm copying and pasting the host name. If I copy the job to another machine it works. I've exported the job and it fails on my machine, runs on another.
Just installed Talend5 and the job still fails, copied the job to our dev server (export/import) and it worked.
So it appears to be an issue with my machine. I'd love to know what changed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
I have the same issue, a job that worked a month ago, can no longer send an email.
I CAN telnet to the host on port 25, using Putty, and I'm copying and pasting the host name. If I copy the job to another machine it works. I've exported the job and it fails on my machine, runs on another.
Just installed Talend5 and the job still fails, copied the job to our dev server (export/import) and it worked.
So it appears to be an issue with my machine. I'd love to know what changed.

The job should be OK if it can run successfully. Could you please give us more description about your machine? Is there any firewall in it? The Net working is fine?
Best regards
Sabrina