Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ykuwar
Contributor III
Contributor III

My studio is getting logged out continuously

My studio is getting logged out continuously, it asks for git token again and again
Talend studio : 8
Patch : R2024-01

ykuwar_0-1718706356162.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
quentin-vigne
Partner - Contributor III

Do you have a GIT Token or a TMC Token ? 

They are different. I recommend a TMC token

EDIT : Since this got accepted as a solution, here is how you can setup a TMC Token (different from a GIT Token and different from the option "Login with Talend Cloud")

Procedure

1. Log in to the Talend Cloud portal or an application.
  2. In the top-right corner, click your username.
  3. Click Profile preferences > Personal access tokens > Add token.
    A new page opens. You can see all the permissions and roles associated to the token.
  4. Enter the Token name.
  5. Click Generate

Copy the Token and when opening Talend Studio (Data Fabric) select "Other modes" and you will need to click on the pencil icon to create and setup a new connection using this Token

View solution in original post

22 Replies
quentin-vigne

Same thing has been happening to me since we upgraded from patch R2022-12 to R2024-02

I read this article which is supposed to help : https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Talend-Cloud-Two-Factor-Authentication-using...

But it didn't work in my case.

I think this is a "new" security measure.

The best option right now is to setup a personal token from Talend Management Console https://app.eu.cloud.talend.com/ and it will last you 60 days 

Guide : https://help.talend.com/en-US/management-console-user-guide/Cloud/cloud-access-token

ykuwar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have a token which I use when the studio logs me out, the problem is why studio logging me out more than 7-8 times in a day?

quentin-vigne

Do you have a GIT Token or a TMC Token ? 

They are different. I recommend a TMC token

EDIT : Since this got accepted as a solution, here is how you can setup a TMC Token (different from a GIT Token and different from the option "Login with Talend Cloud")

Procedure

1. Log in to the Talend Cloud portal or an application.
  2. In the top-right corner, click your username.
  3. Click Profile preferences > Personal access tokens > Add token.
    A new page opens. You can see all the permissions and roles associated to the token.
  4. Enter the Token name.
  5. Click Generate

Copy the Token and when opening Talend Studio (Data Fabric) select "Other modes" and you will need to click on the pencil icon to create and setup a new connection using this Token

ykuwar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am using a GIT token, if checked the guide how to generate the TMC token shared by you above,
Please help me set the TMC token in studio, I don't see those steps in the guide...

Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

Are your TMC and GIT SSO enabled? Is your git authentication working well for that user on your machine? How is the git SSO setup? Mutual SSL authentication? Usually Studio requires personal access token for git access.

Please also check the full logs of studio and maybe something else in the details.

Best regards

Sabrina

mkalb
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

We have recently started to have this problem more frequently.
We use "Login with Talend Cloud". We often have to log in again. Sometimes the Studio also loses the saved GIT information.
We are using Talend Studio 8.0.1 with patch R2024-03.

Best regards

Mathias

ykuwar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello @Xiaodi_Shi , Yes GIT is working fine, no issues there

Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

Are you getting this issue with talend studio and TMC logging since migrating to the new Qlik login?

Did you clean up browser cache or could you reproduce the issue with a browser that never connected to TMC?

Best regards

Sabrina

ykuwar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello @Xiaodi_Shi ,

We cannot neglect the scenario, I have recently started getting this frequent timeout.

Recalling the issue here, I am observing this issue with talend studio, TMC is working fine.

Are you suggesting to generate a new token and try to put in studio?