Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NB_LINE returns wrong values in tSalesforceInput component

Hi,

I ma getting wrong number of extracted records from Salesforce. I have used NB_LINE of tSalesforceInput  component. If anybody has any idea about this, please help me.

Here you can see, 297 records are coming from Salesforce, but only 296 is showing by NB_LINE

0683p000009Lt4Y.jpg

0683p000009LszE.jpg0683p000009Lsra.jpg

Labels (3)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is interesting, but not terribly unusual. The db components can have issues like this in certain configurations, so I guess the salesforce ones may be no different..... although it's not correct and should be reported. Can you test moving your tJava where you print the total to the very end of the job to see what happens?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rhall,

I tested the same by connecting the tJava component with tPostjob component, but still the result is same. It is printing only 296 records.

0683p000009Lszo.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This sounds like a bug with either the display on the screen or what is held in the variable. You will need to raise this with support. Before doing that, put a tLogRow after your salesforce component and see if you can count the actual number of records.

As a temporary workaround you could put a tJavaFlex component and put.....

int count =0;
if(globalMap.get("count")!=null) {
count = ((Integer)globalMap.get("count")) +1;
}
globalMap. put("count", count);

..... this will keep an accurate count for you.

...... excuse the potentially dodgy code, this was written on a smart phone from memory 🙂
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Hi,

I just checked the behaviour with TOS 6.4.1 for which the variable NB_LINE of my tSalesforceInput component is equal to the number of records retrieved by the corresponding select.

What's the version you're using?

TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Did this help?
If so, thank's to mark your case as solved (Kudo also accepted).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks rhall for the reply.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi TRF,

Thanks for your time to reply on this.

Currently we are using Talend 6.3v (Open Studio)  and still I am facing the same.