Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgreenx
Creator
Creator

New Snowflake connection wants to keep updating new job's components

After taking a recent update, I am having difficulty with a job(s) wanting to update the snowflake components from a new snowflake connection I created. The job will prompt to update all the components from that snowflake connection but not the components from an older snowflake connection. After updating the components and saving, then reopening does the same thing; it says those component need to be updated from the repository again.

The snowflake connection was made using the Snowflake wizard, not the JDBC connectivity under Db Connections. Other existing snowflake connections are not prompting jobs to make changes to components using them. To see if the new connection was corrupt in some way, I created yet another new connection to the same snowflake db/schema. Then I created a new job to use that second new connection. I got the same result; opening the new job prompts updates from the repository for that connection as well.

Obviously something is happening between the job components connected to the repository and the repository connection to Snowflake. They are not getting in sync. Either the components are not getting updated from the repository or the repository connection has an issue. Should I post this as a bug somewhere else?

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

When you say recent update, did you have a patch update? Can you confirm the Talend version and patch you are on? If you have a support license with us, we would suggest you to raise a case with us .

Thanks,

Devi

dgreenx
Creator
Creator
Author

Devi,

Yes we are licensed users. How should I raise a case?

Thanks,

dg

dgreenx
Creator
Creator
Author

Should I ask my boss to report as a case (I don't seem to have that option in my account) or should I report it as a bug in JIRA?