Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vigneshjaisankar96
Contributor
Contributor

Not able to insert or create table in redshift cluster using tDBoutput

Hi,

I am testing a basic read and write operation in redshift database.

The connections are fine, I'm able to test connection successfully and able to read data using tDBinput.

I'm able to read data from redshift database tables. But not able to write back ( insert or update) and not able to create table using tDBoutput activity.

I tried inserting in existing table on which I'm trying with options on Action on table ( none, create table if exists, drop and create table) and Action on data ( Insert, Update, Insert or Update, Update or Insert)

The second thing is I tried with new table name in Table field and Action on table(create table, create table if exists and other options as well) and Action on data

( Insert, Update, Insert or Update, Update or Insert)

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Pipeline flow:

0695b00000UwAz0AAF.png

1: Inserting in existing table

0695b00000UwAyqAAF.png

2.trying to create table and inserting in that table

0695b00000UwAylAAF.png

Labels (3)
4 Replies
vigneshjaisankar96
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Update from my side:

I was using existing connection in tDBoutput. If I don't use existing connection the tDBoutput and put the connection parameters then I can able to write, create in tables

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

From your screenshot, the 11 rows are executed successfully. Is the existing connection tDBConnection working well?

Any error message printed on console when you use existing connection the tDBoutput?

Best regards

Sabrina

vigneshjaisankar96
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

Yes, the connection working fine.

There is no error message for the existing scenario.

Now I'm not using existing connection option in tDBoutput. Below way I can able to insert or update and create table as well.

0695b00000UwBAhAAN.png 

I'm using 11 rows for insert and one row for update and working fine in both tDBoutput I'm not using the 'use existing connection' option.

0695b00000UwBB1AAN.png0695b00000UwBB6AAN.png 

Thanks,

Vignesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are?

We are not able to repro this kind of issue on talend V 8.0.

Best regards

Sabrina