Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RMotta2408
Creator II
Creator II

OnPremise - Starting a Job when a file is created on a folder

Hello everyone,

I have developed a Job that uses tWaitForFile to execute a certain flow when a file is created in a predetermined folder. This Job will run permanently, "listening" for an action on a certain folder. No problems here.

I wonder if there is a way to start a Job using TAC, with the same principle: the Job will start as soon as a file is created on a server folder. I wonder if there is some sort of trigger that will cause the Job to start when a file is created on a folder.

I want to avoid having to keep the Job running, waiting for a file. I want the Job to start only when a file is created on a folder as opposed to having the Job running all the time, "listening" for an action on a folder with the tWaitForFile component.

Is this possible? Can anyone help me?

Thank you,
Rui

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shicong_Hong
Support
Support

Hi

You can add a file trigger on TAC instead of using tWaitForFile component in a job to monitor a server's folder and trigger the task to execute when a file is created, for more details, please see

https://help.talend.com/en-US/administration-center-user-guide/8.0/how-to-add-file-trigger

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Shicong

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Shicong_Hong
Support
Support

Hi

You can add a file trigger on TAC instead of using tWaitForFile component in a job to monitor a server's folder and trigger the task to execute when a file is created, for more details, please see

https://help.talend.com/en-US/administration-center-user-guide/8.0/how-to-add-file-trigger

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Shicong

RMotta2408
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @Shicong_Hong,

Thank you for being so helpful. It sure looks like exactly what I need.

Is it possible to limit the number of Jobs run by this trigger, depending on the number of Jobs already running?
Let's imagine, for a second, the engine resources only allow for 5 Jobs to run simultaneously without hampering their performance.
So, when the trigger starts a Job, it will take this parameter into account so that there are not more than 5 Jobs running simultaneously.
I.e. if 4 Jobs are already running, the trigger will only start 1 Job and the remaining Jobs will be on standby, waiting for any of the running Jobs to finish.

Is this possible?

Rui