Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pass dynamic authorization token to tRest component

Hi,

I need to pass authorization token coming from one api to another api using tREST component. When I try to use context variable to store the token and use it in tREST component it is failing while working when hard coding the token can u please help.

0683p000009LwJW.jpg

Labels (2)
18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Each implementation of OAuth is slightly different (annoyingly), but I suspect that you might be missing either a token prefix or maybe converting it to base64 (or similar). I have written a tutorial on using Google's OAuth implementation with Talend here (https://www.rilhia.com/tutorials/using-oauth-20-talend-access-google-apis) and recall having all sorts of irritating issues like this.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I tried the above solution but it is not working, please suggest another way.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @pravin_sanadi,

You will need to give a bit more information as to what is going wrong. Do you receive any error messages or XML responses which describe what it is objecting to? We really do need the details to help with this

Regards

Richard

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

It is giving me unauthorized access error. When I hardcode the value for Authorization it works fine.

Following is the output captured in tLogRow from tREST component.

+----------.
| tLogRow_3 |
|=----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------=|
|Body |ERROR_CODE|
|=----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------=|
|{"status":"failure","data":{"entityCode":null,"fieldCode":null,"errorCode":"UNAUTHORIZED_REQUEST","errorParams":null,"fieldErrors":null}}|401 |

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+----------'

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you post a screenshot of your job and how you are setting the value of the context variable.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I suspect you don't assign the value to context variable correctly, I have achieved similar case and I am able to use context variable, please upload a screenshot to show where/how you assign the value, and show an example value. 

Regards

Shong

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

This is the job structure

[cid:image001.png@01D32264.3FD47AC0]

First tREST_1 is gives the token . In tJavaRow_1 I am setting the context variable

[cid:image002.png@01D32264.3FD47AC0]

And in tRest_2

[cid:image003.png@01D32264.3FD47AC0]

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
This is the job structure

0683p000009Lw4r.jpg

First tREST_1 is gives the token . In tJavaRow_1 I am setting the context variable

0683p000009LwT6.jpg

And in tRest_2

0683p000009Lw3Z.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You are printing the token value out to the output window once it is set in your context variable. Can you see this in the output window? If you can, can you change the variable you are printing from var_FINAL_TOKEN to your context variable? Does that print out correctly? Can you show us what is returned?

If everything is being returned as you would expect, try changing your onComponentOK link to an OnSubJobOK link