Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SR2210
Contributor
Contributor

Pass value from lookup table to a variable

Hi, 

My talend job has to transfer data from one table (stg_1) in Postgres and load it to another table (pi_value_history_5m). To load it I will have to lookup for batch id in another table (ETLBatchID). This ETLBatchID table is auto incremented in which each time i lookup to it, the batch id will add 1. For example when i run the job now, the batch ID is 1. The next time i run the job, batch ID will be 2.

The problem is I have another subjob with the exact same process but the source is from a different table (stg_2). I need to run this job after the first job but I need it to have the same batch ID. Is there any way that I store the batch id value from the first subjob and pass it to the second subjob so I won't have to lookup to ETLBatchID twice? (as the batch ID will be incremented in for the second job)

Thank you

0683p000009M8vq.jpg

Labels (2)
2 Replies
TRF
Creator III
Creator III

If the ID is generated by the database, you need to query the associated table to get the value to be reused by the 2nd subjob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ! @TRF
How do we do this ? Because i have the same problem but i'm always bloqued.
NB: i'm a New in Talend